Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Jeremy's Power Five

Before I start my power rankings for the week, I thought I would say a few words about a couple teams. First, my beloved Bengals (2nd favorite team behind the Colts) absolutely blew the game Sunday. There are a few reasons why the Bengals may not make the post season. 1. Their rookie sensations Chris Henry and Odell Thurman are druggies and thugs. 2. Their defense is either beat up or in jail. 3. Chad Johnson needs to stop making commercials and working on his touchdown dances and start getting open. TJ Whosyourmamma is making him look like he's a third string receiver. (Who by the way is having an awesome year)

Second, I refuse to jump on the Chargers bandwagon until they beat a quality team. So what LT scores four touchdowns Sunday. They were playing the 49ers with the worst defense in the NFL! Come on, beat someone good and you'll make my power five. So, with that said...here are my five.

Number Five: The Carolina Panthers - Now, here's a team who has rebounded since Steve Smith got healthy. The Bengals better get ready for Sunday...cause the Panthers are looking hot right now.

Number Four: The New Orleans Saints - They have beaten two quality teams and have a very good offense and a decent defense. They could very well make the playoffs if they continue to play this well.

Number Three: The Denver Broncos - Who still have the best defense in the NFL. They are, so far, this year's Steelers...great running game, mediocre QB, and awesome defense.

Number Two: The Indianapolis Colts - Who are still undefeated thanks to a bye this week.

Number One: The Chicago Bears - Wow, what a game last night. Still undefeated even though Grossman threw four picks and gave up two fumbles. Arizona lost that game...Chicago didn't deserve the win.

7 comments:

Tim said...

So what do you do when you have the Broncos defense and the Jaguars defense on your fantasy football team? 1. Start the Jaguars. 2. Start the Broncos. 3. Trade them both in order to get Curtis Martin and the Colts defense.

Just kidding! Who'd be stupid enough to do that!!! Go COLTS!!!

Jeremy said...

What the crap? Who leaves advertisement on a blog?????

Mike&Michele said...

Jeremy I believe I have to call you out. You say the chargers will make it when they play someone thats true they only played the Ravens and chargers won who you was high on. Talking about playing someone Your Bears need to play someone they played teams of a combine record of 12-21 the best team they beat was seattle without the mvp.
Mike

Mike&Michele said...

Jeremy Michele is making me say something nice to you now. You do have a nice top 4. hahahahahaha You know I love you.

Mike

This is how I see it. said...

i bet every NFL team sits and waits for you to post your power 5. they are all hoping to make the list and they probably cry if they don't.

Jeremy said...

Even without the MVP, they are leading their division. I call that quality. Plus they have also beat their division rival Minnesota...who may not be great...but they are division rivals and in second place with a winning record. That's how I defend my pick this week :-).

mooma said...

I hope when you move out of town we get more than just a stinkin' sports update