Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Jeremy's Power Five

I think I'm done doing predictions for a little while. Justin is right, I don't know anything about baseball. The Yankies, Twins, and Padres all lost leaving me 1 for 4. Oh well. Today is Tuesday, which means my new segment called "Jeremy's Power Five." This is where I stick to what I know best...football.

Number 5: The Denver Broncos - This was an incredibly hard pick, especially with a lot of good teams (Bengals, Ravens, and Chargers) who could go in this slot. However, they have only allowed ONE touchdown all season. That's simply incredible. However, they have Jake Plummer at Quarterback...so I just can't bring myself to bump them any higher. Defense wins championships...but you have to score points and not turn the ball over. Denver simply cannot do this with The Snake at Q.

Number 4: The New England Patriots - I hope they lose so I can take them off the list. But once again, Tom Brady and his dualing running backs are great on offense and their defense is still just as good. Would someone just break Brady's leg so that I can take them off this stupid list! Where are the Steelers and their thugs when you need em?

Number 3: The Philadelphia Eagles - Donovan McNabb for MVP this year. Write it down and remember that I called it first.

Number 2: The Indianapolis Colts - Still perfect at 5-0, with a bye week this week. Their banged up defense needs it. However, they still always find a way to win...in the regular season.

Number 1: DA BEARS! - I'm riding the Bears bandwagon until the post season. Still the most balanced team in the NFL. It'll be great to see them and the Colts in the Super Bowl. (Ok, or the Bengals for all those Bengal fans that read my blog.)

Hopefully, Jess and I can get some pics of camp on the blog here in the next few days. It was fun times. I feel bad for those who didn't come for various reasons. They really missed out on some great times and some great weather.

3 comments:

Jeremy and Jessica said...

Once again, increduibly boring. I didn't even read all of it!
-Jess

Jeremy and Jessica said...

Sorry I was doing two things at once and didn't pay attention to my typing. Forgive me Jeremy who is always critical of typos and Justin the English major.

Justin and Bethany said...

Bengals fans?!? What the heck are you. Gosh, you're so fair weather.