Tuesday, May 23, 2006

If Katharine wins this dang competition...

To quote Kat's terrible song choice "No no, no no no, I said no no, you're not the one for me." Ugh, she grates on my nerves!! Did anyone notice the continued stripperish qualities as she sang what used to be the seemingly wholesome song, Over the Rainbow? She is even getting on Jeremy's nerves and he was caught up in the (sorry, I hate this term) "Kat Scratch Fever"! I am currently trying to call in vote for Taylor. I like his vocals, love his sound, hate to watch him. Is it just me or does it look like he is having a seizure? But at least he is passionate and authentic and I would actually listen to a CD by him. More to say tomorrow after the results show. (That is if I don't shoot my T.V. after watching Ryan Seacrest draw out two hours to announce one winner.) Why do I watch this show?????

6 comments:

Katelyn said...

wow, katharine is soooooo flippin annoying yet everyone and their mom loves her!! i really really don't see why!

Justin and Bethany said...

Once again, saw the last few minutes before House, and, quite frankly, I don't think either person was that great. Taylor was clearly better (but when has being better ever mattered on AI?), but he didn't blow me away. He kind of freaked Bethany and I out with his "Woooh, woooh"-ing after his last song. I'm all about charisma, but what in the heck was that? I really think Idol has lost its edge. It's just so hard for me to take it seriously. I think it all began when Diana DeGarmo made it to the finals opposite Fantasia (I mean, hoe uneven was that?) If I wanted a popularity contest I'd go right across the street to the local high school and watch the student council elections. If actually based on raw talent, the finals would have to be Mandisa vs Chris, plain and simple. But like I said, it's not really about talent. Whatev. See you later.

Tim said...

Definitely not a huge fan of either. Did Taylor smile at all in his second and third songs? And how old is "soul patrol" getting to be right now? I do think that Kay actually has a better voice, but the stripper thing and inconsistent vocals is disappointing. Honestly, I wouldn't buy either one of their cd's. But it's a train wreck that we can't help watching!! No offense to those who've ever been involved in train wrecks.

Going to WV in 2 weeks. Sam's getting married. Holy shnikies!!

This is how I see it. said...

TAYLOR WON!!! how cool is that? katharine SO thought she was gonna win.

mooma said...

Well,my vetoing the show worked (I am just boosting my ego here)America finnnnaaaallllyyy realized that between the two Taylor was definitely better. I wished I have TiVo'd it just so I could watch Katharine in her disbelief when they didn't announce her name. As far as why do we watch it, because we are mindless drones that obviously have nothing better to do!! Woo Hoo, can't wait until next season (psych) Sheryl

Anandi said...

Tivo is your friend - it's the *only* way to watch AI. I wouldn't have made it through the last 3 seasons without it.