Friday, January 19, 2007

Restful weekend

Jess and I are excited to finally have a restful weekend. It seems like we can't remember the last time we didn't have anything planned. I look forward to simply sleeping in! We might look at cars tomorrow. I'm obsessed and really annoying Jess. My car has over 117,000 miles and I still have like 18 months left on the loan. I've got it paid down to a reasonable amount that we can trade in. So, we've been looking for new or used cars that we can purchase to put us in the price range we're paying now. That leaves us looking mainly at barebones and compact cars. No complaints here. We test drove a Mazda 6 today and a Ford Fusion. We like the Mazda better, but its pricey and both make me feel old. I really like the Mazda 3...but its out of my price range. So, we might look at a Ford Focus Zx4 (basically the car I have now) and the Kia Spectra tomorrow. Here are a few pics...

This is the Ford Focus.

This is the Kia Spectra

I'm pretty sure Jess is sick of me talking about cars, but if we can get out of our old and in with a new for the same monthly payments...WHY NOT DO IT?

In other news. We are renting our house for the next 6 months to buy us some time to sell it. The awkward thing is that we have a showing tomorrow and she is moving in Monday. Wouldn't it suck for her if we end up selling it Saturday before she even moves in? I told her that and she said she would probably cry. But, we are her last hope and she's our last hope. It works out pretty good.

Have a wonderful weekend...blog at ya later!

2 comments:

McQuearyClan said...

How does having NO car payments sound? One of these days you really should check out that Dave Ramsey guy. Love you guys.

This is how I see it. said...

seriously go for the kia....the ford focus is the creepiest car ever invented except for the ford probe, but that is creepy for a totally different reason.