Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Football is a TEAM Sport



Well, this weekend in the big game. According to the media, Peyton can't win the big game. I was reading ESPN's A.M. Jump this morning and it has a great article showing the big games Peyton lost. Many of them, not entirely his fault. I would like to point out two proofs that it doesn't lie completely on his shoulders. My first proof is Big Ben in last year's Super Bowl. Check his stats: 9-21 and 2 int. That's awful! And they still won the game 21-10. My second proof is Rex Grossman. This whole season he's been simply OK...however they led the NFC with points scored...not because of him...but because of a great defense, special teams, and running game. My point is this...get over individual stats and realize that football is a team sport. Peyton Manning has nothing to do with this game. He must play well AND his running game must go well AND his blocking must go well AND his WR must catch the ball AND his defense has to play well. You get the point. I think the key to a Colts victory is this: Indy's defense must hold Chicago to under 75 yards rushing (their average in the playoffs this year) AND their offense must avoid turnovers (which is what makes Chicago's defense great). My pick for this week (of course) is INDY over CHICAGO! GO COLTS!

1 comment:

Justin and Bethany said...

Peyton sucks. Not really, I just wanted to make you mad. I hope Urlacher has a terrible game. That dude scares the crap out of me. If I met him on the street, I'd probably cry.