Wednesday, July 19, 2006

What did I do?


Ok, don't freak out, let me finish the story first. I RAN OVER LEO!!!! Jess and I give Leo a rawhide stick when we leave the house so that he can be preoccupied in the yard while we back up the vehicles. Well, I handed Leo his stick and watched him walk into the yard. I got into the car and backed it up and heard a yelp. Evidently, Leo decided to chew on his stick behind the car. So, I pulled forward, heard more yelping, and felt a bump. I was freaking out by now! I got out of the car and Leo was running around and yelping. So, I was trying to catch him so I could see if he was ok. He jumped in the car and I took his shock collar off. I then proceeded to run into the house to get his leash...still thinking I really hurt my dog. I grab his leash and Leo runs around the house like he's about to go for a ride. I call him outside and he jumps up into the car and wags his tail excited to go for a ride and I'm like, "What are you doing? I just ran you over! What the crap???" I call Jess and he runs out and pees and then jumps back in the car. (He knows he can't go for a ride unless he pees first) So, I called him out of the car and felt his hips, chest, face, and legs and he had no tenderness. He just had black marks all over him. I checked under the car and there was a patch of hair. So, evidently I only scraped him and scared him. There is a bump leading into the garage that I must have ran over thinking it was him. I called the vet, they gave me some instructions and he was back to normal within the hour. Boy was I relieved. However, we no longer will be giving him rawhide sticks to preoccupy. Now, we keep him in the house and then let him out after we have backed up. You never know how good you have it, till you almost lose it. I'm so grateful that it wasn't any worse. I love my dog...he's my boy...and I won't take that for granted any more.

3 comments:

This is how I see it. said...

you were trying to kill him for the insurance money weren't you? good job acting like it was all an accident.

Jess said...

That must have been such a horrible feeling. I'm so glad he's okay!

- Jessie

Justin and Bethany said...

You should NEVER have kids...never!