Saturday, July 29, 2006

No it wasn't Big Ben


Ok, I have to tell all you a crazy kats a crazy story. I was on my way to our treasurer's house on Marvin Road. I was at the intersection of Carolina Trace and Marvin waiting to turn left and I glanced out my rearview mirror and I saw a motorcycle heading my way. He was going pretty fast and I thought, "Man, I hope this guys slows down." Well, he didn't and I heard him slam on his brakes, so I stepped on the gas to get out of his way. He started to slide along the pavement and I was like "oh my gosh!" So, I pulled over and ran over to make sure he was ok. He was bleeding from his mouth where he evidently bit through his lip. Other then that he was fine, but he was very lucky. If I didn't move, he would have slid up under my Jeep. AND, if he didn't slide, he could have slammed into my rear and gone through my back windshield. He apologized and said he didn't see that I was turning. I guess he just wasn't paying attention. Anyways, I apologize to those who come to Church...I'll probably use this for a sermon illustration some time soon. Have a good weekend and drive safe! - Jeremy

4 comments:

This is how I see it. said...

yea..i think you were trying to back over him like ya backed over leo. is this some kind of a weird phase that involves backing up and hitting things?

Katelyn said...

dang it! im gonna have to hear about this story again?!? i dont think i can handle it. that's why....im skipping church!! just kidding...but bet i had ya goin....haha! wow..ok c ya tomorrow

Darlene's Gang said...

Hogs and Dogs. Danger lurks on the road for the both of them.
I was walking to work last week and had to call Animal Control cause someone obviously hit a dog and left without calling to report it.Boy was I mad. It doesn't take much to pick up a phone and do the right thing. It wasn't like the dog had a cell phone to call 911!
SOmeone just sped down our street on a motorcycle and it almost scared me out of this chair being so loud.
Why is it that there is never a policeman going down our street to catch this jerk but they sure don't miss the people I know and love.

Justin and Bethany said...

One time I played this Harley Davidson game at an arcade. You actually got to sit on a replica Harley and race against other riders. I couldn't really get the hang of it. I kept crashing into things. Anyway, my guy in the game looked a lot like Big Ben. I, however, look nothing like Big Ben and would probably never ride a motorcycle. It's funny how life works out sometimes, huh? Or maybe not, whatever.