Saturday, July 01, 2006

The Curse of the Unity Candle


I (Jeremy) had my second wedding this weekend. It went very well given the circumstances. The groom's grandmother had a heart attack as their family prepared to come to the wedding. She's ok now, but it set a somber mood for a very joyous occasion.

Now, this was my second wedding and I can't believe it but, I've already been cursed! I call it the curse of the unity candle. For those who joined Mindy and AJ for their wedding, you might remember the grandma's trying to light the outside candles. They didn't know how to work the lighter and stood up front for what seemed like an hour trying to figure it out. So, I made sure that the mom's at the wedding last night knew what they were doing with the lighter. However, I failed to make sure the unity candles were set up. Yep, that's right, we were all lined up to start the processional and no candles! I had to go and get them out of the car, unwrap them, and set them up. Very embarrassing. Oh well. Other then that, the wedding went great. The reception was awesome. They had a chocolate fountain to dip strawberries, cherries, etc in! That rocked. I had way too much chocolate dipped stuff. I tried to dip my ham sandwich and sausage, but the guy working the fountain was not about that. By the way, I've decided that when I retire I'm going to be the guy who watches over the chocolate fountain. Unless they have robots doing that by then. That's all I got right now. I didn't get home till 1am and I had an early breakfast meeting this morning for camp. So, I'm going to take a nap. Have a great weekend. Happy 4th!

No comments: