Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Wild


With Jeremy gone I am left to the blogging so I thought I would write about a movie I saw yesterday with some kids from work. It's called The Wild. I bet you've seen it....if you saw either Madagascar or The Lion King then you've seen it. The entire first half is about animals from Central Park Zoo escaping into New York and then being sent into the wild. The entire second half is about a dad lion saving his son lion complete with wilderbeasts that take the exact place of the hyenas in Lion King. There is even a scene where the dad lion is hanging off of a cliff and the lead bad guy smashes his paw while he is hanging on....hmm.....sounds a bit like Scar and Mufassa to me. The only good part of the entire 1 hour and 10 minute film is a character that is a Koala...he's pretty cool, except that he is from Australia and talks w/an English accent the entire time. Keifer Sutherland is the voice of the dad lion which was weird b/c to me, Keifer Sutherland will always be Jack Bauer; not a big fluffy lion. So in case you get the urge to watch The Wild, save yourself a trip and pop in Madagascar or Lion King, both of which are far better films.

1 comment:

Darlene's Gang said...

Thank you Jessica for saving me several dollars at the theater. The girls wanted to see this movie when it came out but just from the previews I agree with you that it is so much like the other movies you mentioned. Wouldn't that be like plagerism? So much for the creativity and originality of Hollywood!