Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Senseless


I have to blog about this Marcus Fiesel issue. For those of you that are out of town readers, here is the story...Marcus Fiesel was a 3yr. old boy in foster care. A few weeks ago Marcus' foster parents claimed that Marcus went missing from a park after the foster mom fainted from a heart condition. This evoked a very long extensive search for this little boy (by the way, Marcus had autism). It turns out that Marcus' foster parents faked the whole park thing and three weeks ago, they went to a family reunion in Kentucky for two days. They didn't want to take Marcus w/them so they chose to lock him in a closet where he was wrapped in a blanket and bound w/tape w/his arms behind his back. Upon their return they discovered that Marcus had died so they took his body and burned it in the woods. I can't imagine what Marcus last little bit of time on this earth was like and how scared he must have been. How did these people become foster parents???? I've been trying to think of a suitable punishment and can't even come up with one. I can't even wrap my mind around it b/c it's so heartbreaking. My Christian co-worker put it well by saying that Marcus is now dancing in heaven and is suffering no more. I guess that's the solace to be found in this.

5 comments:

This is how I see it. said...

oh my goodness. i was following the story and i think that is so ridiculous. The foster dad had his dang girlfriend living with him and the rest of the family and they said the foster dad didn't even like kids. don't you get money for being a foster parent? maybe that's why they were doing it either way it's crazy to think that someone could do that to anyone let alone a child. ahh that makes me so mad.

Jeremy and Jessica said...

You get apx. $40 per day here for foster care. Joe Deeters seems to think that they had as many foster kids as possible simply to collect more $$$.

Darlene's Gang said...

This is totally sicking! I can't imagine why so many people who are trying to adopt have to go through so much red tape to adopt a child and yet this child was handed over to this family who didn't seem to care about him at all. Why didn't they call the authorities to take him back if they didn't want to take him. If these stupid people couldn't see what the punishment for their crime would be before they could commit such a horrid act it makes me wonder who is approving people like them to be foster parents. I don't think money should be offered cause there are so many people who I am sure would do it just for the money.
That precious little boy deserved a much better life. It is scary to me to think about all of the children who are put up for adoption. I try to encourage young mothers to keep their babies or find suitable parents who they can entrust their child to. I don't think that putting them in a system that is so overloaded is a good idea. There is no way that I would ever let any member of my family put their child up for adoption. We would just have to have a bigger house and do the best we could but love is the biggest need and now this little boy knows the greatest love of all.

Thank you Lord Jesus for loving this little boy so much. I know that you were with him every minute of his short life and I know that he is living the greatest life in heaven. Please watch over all of the children who cannot speak for them selves and please find loving Christian homes for all of them.
Amen

Jess said...

This whole situation makes me think of that song Concrete Angel by Martina McBride...

Anonymous said...

If you require to get involved with troubled children in the foster care system, read Invisible Kids first. (www.InvisibleKidsTheBook.com) The heartrending reports and the interventions Holly Schlaack recounts will give private citizens the impetus they need to volunteer as a CASA or to go for further training. Professionals who are involved with kids will recognize many of their own experiences in the situations Holly describes. Her creative, positive, hopeful 12 recommendations will give professionals and private citizens practical encouragement to enhance their own work and join in to help these small children who have seen firsthand the worst of the adults they had a right to rely upon.