Thursday, August 31, 2006

Another question

I have a question about Marcus' case. Why do you guys think this has not received national media coverage? In light of Jon-Benet Ramsey, Lacey Peterson, and Natalie Holloway it makes you wonder if the media is obsessed w/pretty white girls from affluent neighborhoods. Maybe I'm over-analyzing it. I just think it's important to get this story out there specifically b/c Marcus had autism. People need to understand that children w/autism are very loveable, awesome kids. However, they have very special needs b/c of a misunderstood disease. People need to know thier limitations and I think that if foster parents are going to take kids like this in, special trainings should be required. Any thoughts???

2 comments:

Jess said...

I read an article today about this very thing... It's all so sad and very unsettling.

Mike&Michele said...

I thought it was kinda strange also I dont believe there was ever a Amber Alert. By the way we have this now ,after Chrissy invited us to here blog and I couldnt respond had to make one for us hehe