Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Rick and Jane at Family Night

Tonight Jess and I were very blessed to hear the testimony of Rick and Jane McKinney. This couple walked across America earlier this year and shared the Gospel with a lot of people. It was neat to hear about all the people they talked to and encouraged and prayed with. They started in Los Angeles, CA and ended in Washington D.C. on July 4th. Their message through song and testimony was an encouragement to Jess and I and really put into perspective how little we do on a daily basis for others. I don't know about you, but compared to Jesus I'm a pretty selfish person. But anyways...

On a very sad note, Jess and I were very discouraged at our turn out. There were only six of us in all who gathered together. It's just not very encouraging when I put something together and invite a couple who work hard in ministry only to be told by my congregation that they really don't care. I know there are a lot of folks who had some other things going on and please don't read this and feel like I'm speaking to you, but we even had folks sign up to bring food and not show. Our dinner consisted of spaghetti and leftover chips from VBS. We also had a ton of cookies and a cake...needless to say the ladies signed up to bring desserts all showed. One person who forgot came later and brought chicken...that was nice. I mean, maybe they weren't the most exciting act or the latest trend, but these folks gave their lives to ministry and what they did by walking across America is much more important then sports, family time, and the latest TV show. Ok, I'm off my soap box. I'm just really really mad tonight and I'm going to bed.

1 comment:

RCO Banks said...

Sorry Jeremy- I truly know how frustrating that is. I've been in those shoes many times! Rick and Jane were a blessing to those who heard their testimony.