Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Office Space

So this is the latest and greatest in the latest adventures of my (Jessica) job. I would like you guys to tell me if I am being a baby here or if I have just cause to be peeved. As most of you know, I have my own office, I have had this office since I started working there a year and three months ago. I heard from a co-worker who assumed that I already knew that my other co-worker Andy (who used to be my boss and then stepped down from any authority position) is being forced to move in and share my office with me. This kinda sucks cause I like my own space. However, what really "Grinds My Gears" - that's for you Justin- is that my new boss does not respect me enough to tell me to my face. This move is supposed to happen this week and she has not told me, nor does she know that I know. I guess I was just supposed to walk in one day and see Andy all moved in. Is this disrespectful or should I just be thankful that I have an office, and a job for that matter? To me, it is one more thing that upsets me about my corporate, disrespectful job. One more question for you guys - should therapy be a corporate business or should it be focused on people?? Call me crazy, but last I checked, it should be about people. I feel like my worksplace has totally lost sight of that. Just some thoughts, tell me what ya think.

2 comments:

Darlene's Gang said...

Knowing that there are companies who for some reason can't give more to their hard working employees,you would think that at the least honesty would be something that could be afforded.
I feel it would have been more considerate for them to ask how you felt about the decision. I know that you are thankful to have work and I believe that the people you are helping are very important to you. It just would be nice if you had been respected and the decision explained to you before it was let out by someone else. God is at work and I will pray that he will bless this situation.

Justin and Bethany said...

That sucks. Just don't let them take your stapler. Then it'll be on like kubla kahn.