Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Blogger stinks...but here's the stupid blog anyways

Ok, so I've been trying to upload pictures for the past three days WITH NO LUCK! Either my computer stinks or Blogger stinks...I think it might be both. So, no pics today...just Jeremy and a few words.

I just finished reading The Da Vinci Code. I know, I'm a little behind and that was yesterday's news...but I haven't read anything for fun in a really long time and since I'm taking a semester break from school, I decided to see what all the hype was about. Very good. I enjoyed the book very much. I used to read Sue Grafton novels and I rate this book up there with some of her best. Jess and I will probably see the movie this weekend...I didn't want to see it till I read the book.

So, honestly, the book is very preachy. Dan Brown is a whacko! I'm preaching a sermon series on the Da Vinci Code because I really don't think most people know anything about the history of the church nor do I think most people can refute Brown's claims. I really believe that if the average church goer read the book they would say, "That's not right...it can't be!" But couldn't really say much beyond that. So, hopefully the series goes well. Love to hear some input on Dan Brown or this sermon series. Talk to y'all later!

1 comment:

Justin and Bethany said...

You mean Mary Maggs and Hay-soos weren't married? I feel so used.