Friday, June 16, 2006

Prayers Please

Hey everyone. I have a prayer request, I just have to tell a flippin long story to get there, so bear with me please. For those of you that don't know, Jeremy and I will be leaving for Florida on Monday for a week to go on vacation. And for those of you that know me well you know that I worry about everything and drive myself nuts. Well, I don't want to do this on vacation cause I need some peacefulness next week. So yesterday, my boss decided to drop a bomb on me 4 hours before the actual beginning of my time off. On Monday I am missing one of our team meetings and it is being brought up at this meeting that someone from our team is needed to help with another program for the entire month of July. (They are only choosing our team b/c we have the lowest productivity in the agency - we also have the smallest team). This program would entail spending the entire day at an alternative school doing group therapy with rough, adolescent boys who are TICKED off b/c they have to spend their summer at the alternative school. These aren't like the other groups where we get to go fun places, they stay there and I'm not really sure what else they do. I feel totally unqualified to do this job. They are hoping that someone on our team will volunteer to do this, but no one is going to do that, and with me being at the bottom of the totem pole, they are probably gonna chose me. The problem with this is that it won't leave any time to continue with the two groups that I am currently doing that I posted about earlier, and it won't leave time for me to continue working with the families and kids that I am working with. Potentially these kids won't be receiving counseling for a month. I would also not be able to have Fridays off like I do now. I feel like the well-being of our kids and families gets lost in all of the nonsense of productivity. I was really angry about this as I was driving home and then it hit me. My attitude is terrible. Where is my faith? Do I really want to drive myself crazy about this while on vacation? So I decided that God is gonna have to decide what is best. So I asked God that he would guide this program and the decision that will be made by the administrators at work. This has the potential to turn out to be something awesome, and maybe I am being selfish b/c I don't want to do it. I just want whatever will uplift me, and more importantly will benefit whichever group of kids the most. I am asking that you guys pray about this so that these things can happen and I can have some peace about it while I'm in Florida. Sometimes I need to let go and trust that God's ways truly are higher than my own. Isaiah Ch.55 is my favorite, I need to put that into practice right now and I think I can do that knowing that the people I love are rallying behind me for the same thing. I am sorry this has been a long, complicated, boring blog. Forgive me. I'm sure Jeremy will make up for it with more sports stuff later. Thanks guys.

1 comment:

mooma said...

Jessica, I will be praying for you - jobs can be a pain. I am so glad that you are letting God handle it. I don't know about you, but I am always trying to "solve" things myself and usually end up having them be worse when I finally do hand them over to him. I know he knows what is best for us and I pray that he shows you his will. Stay strong and have a good vacation (even if you are going to be with Jeremy) - Sheryl