Friday, June 02, 2006

Phosphosoda is not soda pop....trust me

Hey guys. I want to thank everyone who prayed for my colonoscopy today. The results came back and I have an anal fissure. The actual procedure was fine. I felt nothing and barely remember even leaving. I did find out I'm allergic to demerol and threw up everywhere. That part of the procedure I remember...it was not fun. But after that, I remember watching the beginning part of the procedure on their 42in plasma tv. Yes, live and in HDTV...seriously! Jess said afterwards all I could talk about was that cool plasma tv. HA!

The night before the procedure was awful! It actually started Wed night. I had to take two dulcolax pills and was up off and on all night. Then yesterday evening I had to drink 3 ounces of phosphosoda with a two liter of ginger ale. That, my friends, was horrible. Then two more dulcolax and I "went to bed." HA, really I was up all night. But, it was part of the cleansing process.

Now, I'm still a little drowsy from the sedatives. But, no pain! I'm actually very comfortable, just woosy and weak. Thanks again for your prayers. They are treating the fissure with medication and if that doesn't work they will do surgery. But, the doctor seems certain this will work. Give me a call when you are 40 and have to have one of these. I'll help you through it :-)

3 comments:

Katelyn said...

it's nice to know that i can count on my minister for when i need help in the future for things like these. thanks.

Justin and Bethany said...

I'm glad everything turned out okay, but did you really have to post a link to a picture of an anus. I think saying you have a butt issue would suffice. At least you didn't put a picture of your actual hiney.

Justin and Bethany said...

Is that how you spell hiney? My english expertise doesn't cover that.