Thursday, June 26, 2008

My Thoughts on a Blockbuster Trade and other Sports Related Stuff You Probably Don't Care About


Ok, lets be honest...its not blockbuster. However, its huge for the Pacers. I LOVE O'neal and wish he would have worked out in Indy. But, he was part of that awful melee in Detroit with Artest and Jackson, which led to the eventual tumbling of this Eastern Conference powerhouse. He made way too much and left the Pacers with no cap room for 2009. Now, Bird can start the rebuilding process and hopefully start building around some young talent in Danny Granger and Dunleavy. The Pacers have historically picked well in the draft and hopefully tonight that trend will continue. I'm hoping they grab one of the big men in the draft to replace O'Neal. I like Hibbert, Lopez, and Koufos. It would be wise of them to grab a point guard at the 17th pick to back up Ford, who like O'Neal, has a history of injury problems. I'm a dork, but I'll probably watch the draft tonight...while flipping back to watch the best pitcher in the National League face the Blue Jays.

Speaking of Volquez. What a pitcher! When the Reds faced Boston, many thought he would crumble under pressure...nope...7IP 2ER and 9SO! So, his next start was against the red-hot Yankees...crumble?...nope...7IP 2ER and 5SO. With the exception of his first three games (Baker seeing what he could do), he has given the Reds 6 innings of quality pitching in EVERY START. He should get the nod at the all-star game to start or follow Webb.

Anyways, I'm taking a break this week from blogging about forgiveness to blog about sports. I hope to start a new book on the subject. I enjoyed reading Getting Rid of the Gorilla and hope that if you are looking to forgive someone you'll take some time to read it. I'm out...gotta get back to writing a new sermon series.

No comments: