Monday, June 16, 2008

Don't Buy American


Ok, maybe that's a little harsh...but Thursday our A/C Compressor Clutch when out in our Jeep. That's now three times we've had this thing in the shop since we bought it. (Including two days after we bought it when the 4X4 went out) My dinky little Zx2 only had one shop visit. Anyways, if you know anything about cars you know that the A/C Compressor controls the air conditioning. So, as several self-proclaimed mechanics have told me, "Just don't use the air conditioning!" Well, the clutch is off balance, which means we've got metal rubbing against metal even when the air is turned off. I can't drive it more then 8 miles before the smell of burning metal and smoke causes me to pull over and let it cool down. So, Tuesday I have to get the whole compressor replaced. I'll never buy a General Motors vehicle again. Sorry, all of you hard working Americans...maybe they should focus more on building a decent car instead of snazzy names and onstar capabilities.

Ok, I feel better. Thanks for letting me vent.

Jessica is back from her business trip/family trip. So, things hopefully will slow down enough for us to post some pics from our Cincy trip. We're looking forward to this weekend. My sister is throwing us a baby shower in Indianapolis. Hopefully, I'll see some of you there! I better get back to work...blog at you later...

UPDATE: I'm an idiot and just realized that Jeep is a Chrysler product. I still won't buy GM or Chrysler again for that matter!

1 comment:

RCO Banks said...

Thats why I always say buy FORD

Randy