Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Ken Griffey Jr (and some other thoughts)


Kurt Snibbe at ESPN's Page 2 did a nice little cartoon that illustrates Junior's legacy. I was at birthing class and missed the home run. I had been watching (and listening) to as many games as possible to make sure I got to hear it. Oh well, being prepared to have a baby is really more important. (Seriously, no sarcasm.) Anyways...I'm happy for Griffey and glad he made it to such an elite club. In my opinion, Griffey should go down as the greatest player in my generation. He'll definately be mentioned among the greats: Ruth, Aaron, Robinson, and Williams. While Barry Bonds wrestles with the feds and Sosa remembers that he can speak English, Junior will quietly and unanimously walk into the hall of fame as a first balloter.

Jess is headed out of town today. Her employer is sending her to a conference on addictions in Morgantown, WV. She'll spend the weekend with her family in Beckley.

We just got back from Cincy. I was hoping to post some pics...but we haven't had a chance to sit down and upload them. Hopefully, we can get that chance here soon. Thanks to Sheryl and Bethany for planning the baby shower and for those who got us so many wonderful items. And also to Bob, Justin, and AJ who kicked my butt in golf. Seriously, I had fun. You all rock!

2 comments:

Justin and Bethany said...

Is there a bruise from where you hit yourself? Or do "hybrids" not leave bruises?

Justin and Bethany said...

Had a lot of fun as well. Miss you guys already.