Thursday, March 01, 2007

LOCKED OUT!

Yesterday, I had my whole day planned out. They layed carpet in my office, so I was going to work from home till about 11, then head out to the nursing home to do some visits, and then head over to the church to do some "manuel" labor. Well, I got a call from Byron (our resident contractor) who gave me some updates and I was letting him know when I was going to be by to help. So, as I am talking to him, I start heading out the door and I locked it and...well you know the rest. I locked myself out, with no keys, no wallet, no wife to save me (Jess is still in WV)...nothing. Just my cell phone...which luckily I was talking on when I left. So, I made some calls and my landlords grandson came over and unlocked the house for me. I am such a dork! Needless to say, I spent 1 1/2 hours outside with Leo and the neighborhood dogs enjoying our sunny 65 degree weather. So, I guess it wasn't all bad. It could have been raining and I could have left my cell phone inside as well. That would have been much worse. Anyways, I am a dope...but most of you already know that.

2 comments:

This is how I see it. said...

wow. i know what it feels like to be locked out...not of my house but my car. it's not that fun.

Justin and Bethany said...

At least you didn't have to call a locksmith. "Call a locksmith..." (if you've never seen Robin Hood: Men in Tights, you probably have no idea what that means).