Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Boy Am I Lucky!

I (Jeremy) had a run in with the Knoxville Police this morning. I was pulled over for doing 40 in a 30 mph zone. I believe its an unmarked 30 by the way. Anyways, he also informed me that my tags, license and insurance were all void since I have lived here for 3 months. I had 30 days to switch over my tags, license, and insurance. Woops. So, I told him I was the new pastor of the church he pulled me over at and that I was new to the area and the rules. I don't think he believed that I was the pastor cause another squad car came down and pulled around the parking lot. Anyways, he came back, asked again if I was the pastor at the church, gave me my license, told me to get my tags and license changed, and then told me to have a nice day. Boy was I lucky! Needless to say, Jess is working today, so tomorrow we are getting everything switched over.

5 comments:

This is how I see it. said...

yea they probably pulled you over because you look a little mexican...i would sue. j/k.
but seriously i would've cried if i got pulled over.

Katelyn said...

way to go.

Justin and Bethany said...

Should've shown him your minister badge. That thing's like a free pass to do anything.

Bob Honeycutt said...

I can not believe you used your pastorial privelege to worm your way out of a ticket.Did you say hey Mr. officer I am new to the area and I do not know your laws, like a lady would, that's a bunch of poo. The police should have put you in jail after he saw your green card had expired, then you would be deported and Jessica could live back here with us.

Darlene's Gang said...

If he gets deported he'll just hop the fence to come over here to California. Jessica would have to stay with us until Jeremy is realeased from prison in 5 to 10 years for entering illegally. "Feel free to turn yourself in Jeremy!"
Seriously would love to see all of you again! Had such a great time in Harrison but it will be a while before I get back again especially since gas will be close to $4 a gallon this summer!