Tuesday, September 26, 2006

O.K. Here it is...

Most of you probably know this already and I've been avoiding blogging about it, but it is a part of our life so here it is....we are moving. To make a long story short, over the past several months God has made it evident to us that He has a new and different road for us to go on, as well as a new and different road for Cornerstone Christian Church. Jeremy and I will be moving to Knoxville around the last week of October. However, if we don't sell our house I will be left behind until it sells. Jeremy will be the full time preaching minister at Cornerstone Chritian Church in Knoxville. Yes, they are both called Cornerstone. There are several new and scary things ahead of us. There are also so many mixed emotions going on with us as well. We are excited to see what God has in store for us yet at the same time sad to leave the friends that we have made here. We are also very overwhelmed about selling our house here and finding a new place to live in Tenn. I've been sooooo stressed about it all this week. I even had a melt down over chicken that wasn't done on time! So we ask for your prayers both for us, and for Cornerstone here. We do truly love Cornerstone and want to see God take this church to the next level, so I pray that He puts in place the right man for the job here. We are headed to Knoxville on Thurs. to go house/apartment/townhouse hunting and then to go to some retreats that are going on down there this weekend. Oh and by the way, no matter what Jeremy says, Leo and Belle will be going with us and that's final! :-) So here it is, the blog that I have been avoiding. I'm not sure why, I guess cause it's kind of admitting that this new chapter in our lives is starting....not that this chapter now is closing, I guess it's just changing. I won't say that it's closing b/c it is so important to me to keep my relationships here as strong as possible. So anyways, Iwill stop rambling and let you get on to other blogs. Have a great weekend.

6 comments:

Darlene's Gang said...

There is a Cornerstone Christian Church where I live also. Maybe God wants you to come here instead of Tennesse! That would be cool!

Sorry to here about the change and I am sure that you will be greatly missed. I will be praying for you both and the church as well as work for Jessica if necessary.

Jessica,
Could really use your help on a real tuff kid. She is so hard to deal with sometimes but today was actually a good day with her. Her name is Ana and I guess she doesn't relate well with her mom. Please pray for her heart to soften so we can really help her to grow. Most of the students in our math class are 9th graders and are very low in math. Most are 3rd or 4th grade level. I think that Ana could do better if she was willing to work harder. SHe and some of the others rely too much on calculators. It is a sad situation but I hope we can work to get them where they should be. God bless you as he moves you to Tennesse (Or here!)

Jess said...

BJ and I are so sad that the two of you will be moving… We’ll miss the way you stare at us and bat your paw if we’re too close. We’ll miss the fluffyness and the non-so-fluffyness when your owners shave you bare. Most of all, we’ll miss the way you pretend to hate each other, when really there’s just love.

Okay, so we’ll miss you too, Jeremy and Jessica. We’re sad you’ll be so far away, but we’re also excited for all the great things in store for you. We’ll be coming to visit for sure!

- Jessie

Justin and Bethany said...

We love you guys, and we hope that Jeremy doesn't get fired for saying "poop" from the pulpit. Good luck with that. XOXO,
Justin & Bethany

RCO Banks said...

I'm still a little in denial. I can't believe I won't be seeing you guys and complaining to Jeremy on a daily basis about something or other! Jeremy, you have truly been a HUGE shoulder for me to cry on. You know the Banks' will be down to visit- we're campin' people now!

Jessica: I will be praying for the kids in TN that get lucky enough to have you for a counselor. Just remember "why" you decided to be a counselor. I'll never forget that talk to had in the parking lot of Frisch's. God has so many great things in store for you (ok, Jeremy too).

Love you guys forever!
Chrissy

couldB ne1ofus said...

aww jeremy and jessica your awesome
ill miss you.

Love
Kelsey

Mike&Michele said...

You guy's know how much you mean to us. You will be very much missed, but cant wait to hear how the Lord is using you both in your new church.

Thank God we can keep in touch on here and email.

You both have been a blessing in are life.
Love ya both