Monday, October 15, 2007

My Friend Vince...


O.K. Folks, Here is the much requested story of how me and Vince Vaughn are practically B.F.F. Last week I had dinner w/some friends from work at Downtown Grill and Brewery in K-Town. We were sitting at the outside patio. When I got there I heard that I had just missed Vince Vaughn by 10 min. He had eaten there and was in town for a premiere of The Wild West Comedy Tour at a brand new movie theater down the street. So I was a little bummed that I missed him but excited about eating at the same place he did. So as we were sitting there a woman came by w/a press badge and yellow wrist bands. She asked our table if we wanted to go to the movie premiere! So we said said sure. We walked into the theater and the guy at the front said that Vince had come through the back and was going to be speaking. Now call us all crazy but none of the girls I was with wanted to stay for the movie! So we walked into the theater and were talking to the staff about if he was speaking before or after the movie. If it was before we were going to stay for that and then leave. As all of this was being decided I heard an unmistakable voice whiz by and dun-dun-dun-dun it was Vince Vaughn!! So I stood there stunned and then he turned back around and walked through our circle. His jacket brushed my arm and he said (here it is verbatim Justin) "Excuse us, Excuse us" and we watched him take his seat. So that was enough to satisfy us and we left. Stupid, I know. He wasn't speaking until after the movie anway. He looked very professional, he was in a suit and looked more put together than he does in the movies. He is very, very tall and was very polite. So, there you have it - what famous person did I run into??? IDK my BFF Vince.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's insane.