Monday, October 15, 2007

Jeremy's Power Rankings...but not really...



Ok, the picture of Kelly Pickler has nothing to do with my rankings this week. The rankings are the same and I'm too lazy to retype them. However, I thought I would take a moment to give my impressions on a fun weekend before Jessica gets a chance to :-)

We went to the Foothills Fall Festival this weekend. Something like 15,000 people cramped in the small town of Maryville, TN. There were some good bands like, REO Speedwagon (Yes, the same band that started in the 70's). They were really good and put on a good show even though the lead singer is like 85. HA! The next couple days we saw a bunch more bands. I'll highlight a few...Bucky Covington was better then I thought he would be...not nearly as annoying and bad as his days on American Idol...very southern rockish. Jamie O'Neal did a good job. Trent Tomlinson is gay...very very gay. Cowboy Troy was embarrassing. Big and Rich were innappropriate in a many different ways, but they put on a great high energy concert. Little Texas was great. Kelly Pickler was incredibly annoying, but she sings very well. When addressing the crowd she sounded like a high school girl in the mall on her cell phone...but she was talking to us...I almost shot myself in the face. Sara Evans closed out the event with some great songs.

Funny story...I was getting some food for Jess and I while Little Texas was performing Sunday and I had to eat my Gyro real fast so that I could free up my extra hand to pay for some popcorn and while shoving this in my face, and grease and ranch dressing falling down my arm, Kelly Pickler walked by and said hello to her fans that were standing next to me. I just bowed my head and pretended not to exist...so embarrassing. Not an impression I want to leave with someone famous. Maybe someday here in the next week or so Jessica will tell you all about her experience running into Vince Vaughn...

Have a great week and hopefully we'll get some photos on here soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure kelly picked you out of everyone and will have your image burned into her mind...only not really.