Saturday, June 02, 2007

What a weekend!

Before I start on my weekend...HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHERYL!



Thursday night I realized that a project that needed to be done at the house would only get done this weekend. I have a wedding this upcoming weekend and then VBS. So, Friday morning I ordered some rift-raft rocks and headed to Cincinnati. This is a picture of the finished product. In my head 8 tons wasn't that much rock. WOW was I wrong.



I also had to do some yard work. Because of the harsh winter and drought we lost both our rhododendron and our hibiscus. My backyard hadn't been mowed in a month, so the grass was up to my thigh. It was much more work then I anticipated.



I want to say a special thank you to BJ and Tim for helping me with the project. I wouldn't be home right now if it wasn't for them...I'd probably still be working.



One more thing...I came home to this! Leo got a haircut while I was gone. He really does look better...not like a bald man. And his fur isn't nappy...that's all for the weekend. I'm going to try to relax before our church picnic tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

leo's tail is funny. It looks like the plumes that bands wear on their hats..kind of weird.

Justin and Bethany said...

The rocks definitely look better than the standing water. It was like primordial soup down there.