Thursday, November 30, 2006

Just Walk Across the Room

I'm reading a new book by Bill Hybels. It's called, "Just Walk Across the Room." Basically, the idea is that we could save someone's eternity simply by getting up and walking across the room. We need to sometimes get out of our comfort zones and trying building relationships with people. Well today, I got a chance to "walk across the room."

Our youth minister told me last night while we were watching the OSU UNC game that there's a guy from the community who's in the hospital. His kids come on Wednesday nights. Well, since our youth minister is part time and has birthing classes in the evening...he asked me to go. So, here I am like, "Ok, I'm going to go visit this guy I've never met who's probably not a Christian who probably is going to be like...'why are you bothering me while I'm sick' " Anyways, I was pretty nervous...but I went. It was awkward at first, but I really think I planted some seeds. I showed him that I cared, but I didn't push anything.

So, next time the Spirit prompts you to make a move...DO IT! It's a great feeling.

Have a great weekend...

3 comments:

This is how I see it. said...

I like to move it
i like to move it..move it
i like to move Oh yea.
everybody move it!

Darlene's Gang said...

Jeremy, it is cool that you reached out to someone who was ill.
Awesome experience I'm sure.

Today a christian woman at work actually reached out to me and invited me to her church. Last week I shared with her some past experiences that I have had as a christian and she was very honest about her church and invited me to visit. The church is called Live Ride and they really reach out to the homeless and people who have gone through some really bad experiences. They really stand by those who have fallen and hold them accountable. I hope to visit soon.

Katelyn said...

yeah, thats pretty sweet stuff jeremy. oh, and thanks for inviting me to tennessee!!!