Saturday, November 25, 2006

Black Friday

So I ventured out into the crazy world of shoppers this Friday. I got lost right off the bat and drove around in circles making illegal U-turns for a while. Then I finally got my bearings and started off at Walmart. It was the least crowded place I went to all day so I felt pretty optimistic after leaving there. Then I went to Kohls....no one was at Walmart because the entire city of Knoxville was at Kohls. The line wrapped around to the very back of the store and it took an hour to get through. Next I hit Target where they were out of the toy I needed, total bummer. So then I went to the mall and found some great deals. I also hit a different Target and Walmart on the way home and then later that night Jeremy and I went out to eat and went to yet another Walmart. So the Walmart total of the day was three, all very different with different merchandise believe it or not. At Kohls I witnessed what almost turned into a fight between three women. One left her cart with all this stuff sitting in the middle of no where and the other two started going through it. The one that left it came back for it and freaked out, that was pretty funny. Other than that, people were pretty nice and helpful so I guess it was all worth it.

2 comments:

Mike&Michele said...

I thought about going out,but after I seen it on the news so glad I didnt. I seen a lady getting pushed into a door, where people were running over her. Im not good with that kinda stuff, I may have had to hurt someone! hehe ;)

Justin and Bethany said...

I got up at 4 in the morning while Bethany was still asleep. I tried to start at Best Buy, but the line was literally 300 yards long--unbelievable--it wrapped around half of Bridgewater Falls. Then I went to Wal-Mart in Hamilton. It really wasn't that bad, so our experiences there were the same. Then I went to Staples to find a desk for our office (our old one sucks), but the one I wanted was way too big for my car (and probably way too big for our office @ the apartment), and they wouldn't hold it for me b/c it was on sale--DUH! I felt like an idiot for even asking. When I came out of Staples, I saw this line outside of EB games by Hobby Lobby, so I thought I'd check it out. I didn't even know what I was waiting for, but when I got inside, I found out that for the first 30 minutes they were open, they were having a 75% markdown on Sony PSP's and Nintendo DS Lite's. I got one for under forty dollars because I had an EB Gamer's Edge card. Crazy stuff. You can read more about it on our blog, though I pretty much told you the entire story just now.