Sunday, February 25, 2007

Winterjam

I (Jessica) went to Winterjam last nigt w/some kids from church. Jeremy "isn't a concert person" and stayed home. He missed out, it was my first time seeing any of the artists and it was great. We had awesome seats but some of the pictures are still pretty blurry.

This is Sanctus Real. I really enjoyed watching them perform, they seemed so genuine.


This is Hawk Nelson. I called Katelyn during their performance and held the phone up for 2 minutes so she could be a part of the experience. They were awesome.

This for all you kids out there is Steven Curtis Chapman. I had a crush on him in high school. He did a good job.
And this, was my favorite part of the night...Jeremy Camp. I love all of his songs b/c his lyrics are so personal and relevant. I wish I could have heard more of him. I had this moment in his concert where everything just came together for me. Jeremy and I had a rough week just dealing w/some difficult issues(a.k.a. our house not selling and stupid financial stuff). Before we moved here and we weren't sure where God was leading us I listened to "Walk By Faith" almost every day as a reminder that God had a plan. Well, last night when Jeremy Camp sang "Walk By Faith" I just started crying and it was like everyone else in that huge auditorium faded away and God just kind of said "Where's your faith?" It was exactly what I needed to remind me that no matter what God is going to take care of us and He calls us to walk by faith on a daily basis. I guess this got a little deeper than I intended but I just wanted to share what a great experience this was for me.

4 comments:

Justin and Bethany said...

Jeremy Camp throws a really good concert. We saw him with Hawk Nelson last year, and it was a really spiritual experience. He seems really devoted to God, and it totally shows through his concerts.

Katelyn said...

awww! i went to winter jam last year....now i kinda regret not going this year...ugh!! and hawk nelson..uhh!! nice pics...now im gonna go cry..

Blogan McQ said...

I went to WinterJam too. It was so cool!

mooma said...

Take all of that and wrap it into a whole week and throw in some mud and rain and you have ALIVE. That is actually going to be our vacation this year for a week with the Johnsons and the Smocks. It is such a great experience!