Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Kindness and Forgiveness

I think the hardest part of forgiving someone is active forgiveness. I can say, "I have forgiven him/her," but its really hard to act in forgiveness. One way that Brian Jones suggests actively forgiving is through kindness. Now, when I first read this I thought, "Sure I can be kind to those I need to forgive." However, when I got to thinking about it, I realized that its not that hard to act nice and kind to our enemies (aka those we need to forgive) as it to deliberately find kind things to do for our enemies. So, I'm processing how I can deliberately show kindness to those I need to forgive. Feel free to post some ideas if you think of any.

I am in the process of buying a book (I haven't bought it but I want to) called The Shack by William Young. Its a pretty controversial book right now and I'm in no way suggesting it for reading...but I'm told its pretty good. Its written in a fictional way. Anyways, I'll let you know what I think as I read it. I appreciate the comments from some of you who are also on the journey to forgive. I just encourage you to continue on it. Read, pray, study, and ask the Holy Spirit for guidance as you move along. That's all for now...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm looking forward to hearing what you think about The Shack...i kind of thought it was forgettable, not too earth shattering, but I could see good and bad ways that it could affect people. I'm being vague since you haven't read it. I've loved being in class with you two!