Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Lady and Son's

This is Jess blogging now - I wanted to write my own review of the Lady and Son's before Jeremy got the chance. For those of you who may not know, the Lady and Son's is Paula Deen's restaurant and it's the main reason why we (o.k., I) chose Savannah for our vacation. I would just like to say that this restaurant was fantastic! If you like southern food, it can't be beat. If you are a northerner like Jeremy and can't appreciate fine southern cuisine, it's probably not worth the wait. So...here it is... You saw the line on the blog below, here is the sign. The restaurant is three stories tall, we ate on the third floor. You can order off the menu or get the buffet, each floor has it's own buffet, all the same food though.
The only reservations left after standing in line for a really long time was 5:00 and 8:45. So we took the 5:00 and arrived as dinner was starting. We all had to stand across the street and wait for our name to be called. Before they start calling names a guy comes out and rings the dinner bell and yells "Come and get it". Jeremy thought it was hokey, I thought it was fun. Such a stick in the mud, that one.
So this is me eating the deliciousness. It was THE BEST fried chicken I have ever had in my life. I also really liked the mashed potatoes, green beans, yams, and banana pudding. I sampled the low country boil and creamed corn which were o.k. I did not care for the mac and cheese or fried green tomatoes. We were also served garlic and cheese biscuits (Red Lobster's is better) and hoe cakes which are like mini pancakes. The sweet tea was fabulous and I'm gonna try to re-create it. We left stuffed for a really long time. So, don't listen to Jeremy when he tells you it wasn't good b/c it was awesome and totally worth the hour and a half wait. I also went next door to the gift shop and picked up another cook book which was great b/c all of the cookbooks were autographed. O.K. that's it, I'm done raving about the Lady and Son's.

4 comments:

RCO Banks said...

I wanna go so bad. How was the decor of the restaurant? I can't tell but it looks like the building is really old. In her book she says she spent millions remodeling it.

Becky said...

I'm glad you guys had a good time, and you look so beautiful Jess! I miss you guys!

Jeremy and Jessica said...

It is in a really old building, all of Savannah is really old buildings, I don't think I saw a single new one. The decor is a lot just sitting down in someone's kitchen. Very "Kathy Roth"! There were stencils on the wall and lots of flower arrangements.

Justin and Bethany said...

Jessica, this has nothing to do with this posting, but Mindy and I want to see a belly picture :)