Monday, May 19, 2008

A Small Scare

Jessica and the baby are healthy. After writing the title, I realized that it might actually sound like we had a serious "small scare." I'm not kidding, it was really small, but still scared us. On Thursday, at 6:30pm our power went out! Jessica and I were heading out to Walmart and stopped by our neighbors to drop off a package (Fed Ex guy couldn't read our house number). Their power went out while I was standing in the doorway talking to them. They called me about an hour later to say it still wasn't on. Luckily, our friends Jason and Deanna invited us over to their house to watch The Office season finale. Which rocked by the way! Jessica has been quoting lines from it all weekend. Our power ended up coming on at 8:45, but I would have been at home shaking and biting my nails in the dark if it weren't for Jason and Deanna. I can't wait till next season!

We had a great weekend. Jess and I went on a date Friday night to see Prince Caspian. Great movie! I've got the Narnia series sitting on my bookshelf to read...and I think I'm going to read it now. Saturday we had a "throw stuff away" day at Church. We cleaned out a ton of junk that's been sitting around for like 100 years. Then Sunday was our Cell Group's end of the school year cook out. By then, Jess and I were so beat. We barely made it through the party and had to leave early cause we were so tired.

We leave for Savannah, GA Wednesday. Jess and I are taking a few days to relax on the beach. We're going to the Lady and Sons restaurant, the GA aquarium (in Atlanta), and hopefully a tour of Savannah. We're looking forward to the trip and hope to post some great pictures when we get back!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why did you tell everyone that you are going to read the Chronicles of Narnia books that are sitting on your shelf?? everyone knows you can't read.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for commenting Amberlee. I'm not sure what you wrote...cause I can't read...but I'm sure it was uplifting and encouraging :-). *Hugs*