Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Red's Vent



Every year Reds fans complain about Adam Dunn. Every year he hits 40 home runs and 80+ RBI's. Well, I still don't like him. I'm sorry, but he's paid 13 million this year. The same as David Ortiz, Derek Lee, and Albert Pujols. I would much rather have those guys on my favorite team.

The above picture is a picture of Josh Hamilton. I know the Reds got Volquez for him, but he's got 5 home runs and leading the AL in RBI's. I know its not my team and I'm no GM, but why is Dunn so untradeable? Why did they not keep this guys. The Reds lack an RBI producer and they let the best one they had go, to keep a money eating guy who will get hot some time this summer and knock in a bunch of home runs (with no one on and no one out) only to go cold again in the fall ending up with great stats, but not really helping his team.

Anyways, that's my take on Dunn. Hopefully, Walt Jocketty will work his St. Louis magic for the Reds. There's my vent.

On another note, the Reds bullpen has been worth the money. Wisely, Baker moved Affeldt to the pen. He, Weathers, Burton, and Cordero have been money. If only Cuento, Fogg/Belisle, and Arroyo would get with the program. I don't expect Arroyo to be a great pitcher (like the Reds organization would like him to be). There's a reason the Sox gave him up for Willy Mo.

Ok, there's my Reds blog. Have a nice day...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all it's Cueto not cuento, and second so what.. what has Hamilton's 5hr and RBI's done for Texas... a whole lot of nothing but Volquez on the other hand... 4-0

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, congrats on the penis! (the baby that is)... sorry didn't realize I could leave actual comments without Jessie's help till just now!

Anonymous said...

Hamilton's 28 RBI's has been Texas' offense in a nutshell. Should have traded Dunn...which I'll probably switch my opinion after he hits 40 hr and 100 rbi's :-).