Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Pre-Season Power Rankings

Well, Jeremy's weekly power rankings are back. YEAH! This week is basically my prediction of who will do good this year...since we really haven't seen anyone play. Check back here Tuesday for Week 1's rankings!

1. Indianapolis Colts - Anybody surprised?  

2. NE Patriots - Um revamped defense, quality receivers, and a good looking running game. Its going to take injuries to keep the Pats from a 13-14 win season!

3. Baltimore Ravens - Willis McGahee could have been the most under-rated pick-up of the offseason. I can see them winning 13 games again this year.

4. San Diego Chargers - Phillip Rivers is one year older, LT is still in his prime, and Shawn Merriman stopped taking steroids...they should be back in the playoffs this year.

5. Dallas Cowboys - Hopefully I won't stay long on this bandwagon, but Tony Romo seems to have gotten back on the horse, TO is behaving, and the defense looks pretty good. This is a long shot but I'll put them here for now. Let me tell you why...

1. The Bears no longer have a running game. I don't like Benson...and expect him to not be able to handle full time. Grossman sucks. So, no offense to a great defense = a disappointing season.

2. The Saints were a great feel good story last year, but I don't trust their defense enough to put them in my top five...maybe 6 or 7.

3. The Eagles have a QB who is coming back from injury. They are my 6 or 7 pick also.

4. For those Bengals fans out there that think they deserve a top five spot answer me this: What did they do different in the offseason to improve their defense? The answer...nothing. 

Feel free to comment your thoughts on this season or your pre-season picks!

1 comment:

Justin and Bethany said...

I really don't care about foosball, but I DO care about rattling your chain, so here it is. Who dey that the Bengals beat last night? The Ravens. Hrrm, interesting seeing as you sat them at number three on your list, while the Bengals weren't even ranked. Also interesting is the fact that the Ravens are a pretty good--let me rephrase that--great defensive team, yet they allowed the Bungles to score 27 points behind the sweet, laser-rocket arm of Carson Palmer. Now let's see...an offensive team (with no real defense to speak of) beating a defensive team by outscoring them...it seems like there's another team on your list that uses that exact same strategy. If only I could think of that team's name...