Tuesday, April 24, 2007

What I Do

O.K. so I guess I didn't actually post what my job is. I spoke to a lot of you about it but not all of you soooo in case you were wondering (this is for you Matt) I am working for a large health cooperation called Covenant Health. Under that cooperation I am employed by Peninsula Lighthouse. There are three Peninsula units in Knoxville, an inpatient hospital, an adolescent residential facility, and an outpatient center. I am working at the outpatient center. I will be doing groups for kids ages 8-11. These are for kids who are not making progress w/their regular therapist and are having behavioral and emotional problems at school and home. One group comes in the morning for three hours and one group comes in the afternoon for three hours and I will also be doing family therapy. I'm not w/the kids for the whole three hours, just for their group therapy stuff. I'll be working w/a program counselor who does a lot of activities w/them. I'll let you guys know how it goes! Speaking of.....I probably need to leave for orientation now.

3 comments:

Mike&Michele said...

congrats On your new job!!!

Anonymous said...

orientations are so fun. you have lots of fun and make life long friends. (that was kind of a qoute from grease...minus orientation plus cheerleading)

Anonymous said...

YAY Jess! I remember what it was like trying to describe the various entities w/in Covenant Health, but you definitely did a better job than I did! I'm glad you found a job and I'm also glad I found you guys! I can't believe you moved back to TN! WOW! I just commented on another blog, so you can read how I found ya, but just wanted to say hi and tell ya I'm so glad y'all are doing well...even though you moved away from me :-( I hope to see you sometime again. I'm actually going to the Overton's next month and would love to see y'all then! You can find me on MySpace at myspace.com/ali_w_

Because of Him,
Ali Whitaker