Monday, August 27, 2007

Catching up on movies


I caught up on some older movies that I hadn't seen this weekend. On Friday while Jeremy was gone I watched Cinderella Man. It's too bad that the sight of Renee Zelwegger makes Jeremy physically ill because I think he would have enjoyed it. This is a fantastic movie and if you haven't seen it, you really need to. It's not a guy's movie or a girl's movie. I think it appeals to both genders. It shows a tremendous love between the main character and his wife and it also shows how hard this guy had to work to acheive great things. He goes from having everything, to having nothing, to pulling himself up again. Wow - it's fantastic!

On Sunday Jeremy and I watched War of the Worlds. It was great....up until the last fifteen minutes. I think they did a great job of setting up this story line and it was action packed. Then, the end turns very sloppy and lazy. The writers attempted to tie things up but failed to do so successfully. If you haven't seen it, it's worth it for the first hour and forty-five minutes, just bear through the end. Anyways, I had a nice relaxing weekend watching movies. It's been a long time since I've been able to do that.

1 comment:

Justin and Bethany said...

I thought the last forty-five minutes of WoW really dragged on (mainly the scene when they're all in the basement). Cinderella Man is one of the finest movies I've ever seen. Russel Crowe is one of the greatest actors, when he isn't playing in movies with Meg Ryan, or throwing phones. He's in a couple of movies releasing this fall: "3:10 to Yuma," a western with inimitable Christian Bale, and "American Gangster" in which he stars opposite yet another amazing actor, Denzel Washington. The trailers are online--you should check em out.